My sister is visiting from Holland, joy! I’m not going to lie and say that my joy didn’t turn to horror when she suggested that we should try baking with Isaac…baking with my 18 month old…are you serious?!
I now must concede that it was rather enjoyable, and shock horror it held his attention the whole time! I really have been under estimating how well he can concentrate now, he’s growing up so fast!
So, here is our big day of baking:
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. (We did this bit)
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.
- Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with icing sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
This went so well that playdough is next on the list!